Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool to complete deal on July 9, Man Utd £900k Neymar talks | Football | Sport


Transfer news LIVE | Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the latest rumours and gossip

Monday, June 24

  • PSG want have contacted Manchester United about a Neymar/Pogba swap deal
  • Liverpool will officially complete the signing of Conor Bradley on July 9
  • Zinedine Zidane has named his asking price for midfielder Dani Ceballos
  • Real Madrid value the Arsenal and Spurs target at £44million

19:00 UPDATE: Axel Tuanzebe

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has decided to keep Axel Tuanzebe at Old Trafford next season.

The talented centre-back helped Aston Villa achieve promotion last season with the Villans understandably keen to sign him on a permanent basis.

However, Dean Smith and Co are out of luck with Solskjaer eager to integrate the 21-year-old into his first-team plans next campaign.

The Sun claim Tuanzebe will join the squad on their pre-season tour of Asia and Australia and given ample opportunity to fight for his place.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

18:45 UPDATE: Denis Suarez latest

Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez has talked up his chances of joining Celta Vigo.

The 25-year-old spent a miserable six-month loan spell with Arsenal, where he managed just six games due to various injuries.

Valencia were considered front-runners to take a gamble on the once-capped Spanish international – however Suarez has suggested Celta Vigo could be his next destination.

“I’m going to leave Barça and Celta is an option,” Suarez told AS. “I’m convinced that I’ll play for Celta one day but I don’t know when.

“I’ve got offers from abroad but my priority is to stay in La Liga. Playing in Europe is a priority too, but there are other options on the table.”

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

18:30 UPDATE: James Rodriguez uncertain

James Rodriguez doesn’t know where he’ll be playing football next season.

That’s according to the Colombia international, who says he’s not even spoken to Zinedine Zidane about his future.

The 27-year-old has been linked with a move to Napoli after completing a two-year loan spell with Bayern Munich.

“Right now I’m only thinking about the Copa America,” Rodriguez said. “I still don’t know where I’ll go but I want to be calm. The decision depends on the club.

“There are people with a lot of power there, I can’t do much. I haven’t spoken with Zidane.”

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: REUTERS)

18:15 UPDATE: Kieran Tierney transfer decision

Arsenal have made a decision about their transfer pursuit of Celtic’s Kieran Tierney after the Scottish champions rejected their initial bid.

Express Sport understand that Arsenal boss Emery has made his left-back position a priority this summer with Tierney sitting at the top of his wanted list, but he won’t bow down to Lennon’s demands.

The Gunners will make an improved bid of around £18m for the Scotland international but are not willing to match Celtic’s £25million valuation and do not want to get into a bidding war.

The second offer will include several add-ons which Arsenal hope will be enough to bring Tierney to the Emirates this summer after he underwent surgery for a double hernia last month.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

18:00 UPDATE: Simon Mignolet staying

Simon Mignolet looks set to stay at Liverpool, according to the Daily Star.

He made just two appearances for Liverpool – in a 2-1 League Cup defeat by Chelsea and a FA Cup loss against Wolves.

But the Reds expect the Belgium keeper to remain at Anfield after impressing Kop boss Jurgen Klopp with his team-first attitude.

He has played the role of understudy to Alisson unselfishly and ensured the club’s new No. 1 was properly prepared for every game.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

17:45 UPDATE: No interest

Liverpool are NOT interested in signing Real Betis defender Junior Firpo.

Jurgen Klopp’s side and Manchester United were recently linked with the versatile left-back, who was supposedly being eyed as competition for Andrew Robertson.

However, the Liverpool Echo say there’s no truth behind the reports.

The report says neither Klopp or sporting director Michael Edwards have looked at the £45million-rated 22-year-old – despite Alberto Moreno leaving this summer.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

17:30 UPDATE: Divock Origi exit

Liverpool’s Champions League hero Divock Origi is being courted by a handful of European clubs with Real Betis leading the race for the Belgian’s signature, according to reports in Spain.

Liverpool are keen to keep Origi in their books and want to reward him with a new contract.

But according to Spanish newspaper Estadio Deportivo, Origi could be on his way out of the club before he can sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January.

With just 12 months remaining on his deal, the striker is approaching the time when he will be free to speak to European clubs about a potential move and Betis are keen on targeting Origi.

The report also states that recently departed Betis chief Lorenzo Serra Ferrer was sent details about a potential transfer by a ‘trusted intermediary’ who is touting Origi around Europe.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

17:15 UPDATE: Benitez walked away from £6m

Rafael Benitez has walked away from a £6m contract extension at Newcastle United.

It was confirmed this afternoon that Benitez would leave St James’ Park following a turbulent spell as boss in the north east.

And is understood Benitez has turned down a £6m extension to stay on for another year.

Benitez was deeply frustrated with the lack of funds available for transfers under Ashley and was hoping for the club to be sold.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

17:00 UPDATE: Dani Olmo

Barcelona are monitoring Dinamo Zagreb star Dani Olmo.

That’s according to Spanish newspaper Marca, who claim the Catalan giants are considering bringing the 21-year-old back to the Nou Camp.

Olmo played for Barcelona’s academy from 2007-2014 before signing a four-year deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

However, his performances for Dinamo Zagreb and his displays in the European Under-21 Championships for Spain have seen Barcelona linked with a swoop.

Sport add that Olmo could cost the LaLiga champions £27million.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

16:45 UPDATE: Kalidou Koulibaly hint

Kalidou Koulibaly has refused to rule out a move away from Napoli this summer.

The Senegal international has caught the eyes of several clubs across Europe with a string of impressive displays for the Serie A side.

Manchester United are long-term admirers of the 28-year-old, who was on Jose Mourinho’s wish list last summer, and Manchester City have also been linked with the defender.

“I don’t know [if I’ll still be at Napoli next year], I think so,” he told Goal. “But I have to play the Afcon and then after that I’ll go back to Napoli.

“Everyone’s speaking about me, but I’m only speaking about Senegal, because that’s my objective today and I want to achieve something big with Senegal.”

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

16:30 UPDATE: Paul Pogba/Neymar swap proposal

Paris Saint-Germain have contacted Manchester United about an audacious swap deal.

That’s according to the Independent, who claim PSG have spoken to Ed Woodward about directly swapping Neymar for Paul Pogba.

Both players are unhappy in their current situations with Pogba admitting a new challenge would be tempting while Neymar wants to leave the Ligue 1 champions.

The Independent claim PSG have tried to remedy the situation and have held discussions with United about a potential exchange.

However, Woodward is supposedly against the deal for two reasons.

The first is Neymar’s current £900,000-a-week wages, and the second is that the Manchester United executive vice-chairman wants to keep Pogba at Old Trafford.

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip

Transfer News: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Barcelona gossip (Image: GETTY)

16:15 UPDATE: Liverpool deal completed soon

Liverpool will officially complete the signing of Northern Irish teenager Conor Bradley on July 9 – his 16th birthday.

Bradley, 15, will arrive at Liverpool from Dungannon United’s youth side on a two-year scholarship deal.

The boyhood Liverpool fan and Northern Ireland Under-16 captain told the Ulster Herald: “I can’t wait to get over it’s a great opportunity.

“I’ll be part of the U18 squad and the good thing is I know the coaches and I know most of the boys in the team. Liverpool is the club I support, so yeah, you could definitely say it’s the dream for me. I can’t wait to get started.”

16:00 UPDATE: Dani Ceballos valuation

Zinedine Zidane has named his asking price for Dani Ceballos as both Arsenal and Tottenham consider making an offer.

Real Madrid midfielder Ceballos has forced his way into the thoughts of both Arsenal and Tottenham after impressing for Spain at the ongoing European Under-21 Championship.

However, Spanish newspaper AS claim Real Madrid will not accept any offer below £44million.

The Sun have claimed that Madrid have offered £45million plus Ceballos for Eriksen as the Danish international looks for a new test.



Source link